Back To School Initiative
The purpose of this initiative is to demonstrate a specific need in the community particularly the youth of ages from 15 up to 26. We want to focus more in the geographical area such as Douala, Cameroon-Africa. We want to address the urgency of a particularly needed solution that the youth are crying out for.
According to Shumas-Cameroon.org, “Universal access to education is widely recognized as one of the most important steps in giving youth access to better economic and social opportunities and breaking individuals, families, and communities out of the cycle of poverty.
Unfortunately, in Cameroon, the minimal fees for primary and secondary school remain out of reach for many, and the burden of providing adequate learning infrastructure and sufficient teaching staff falls on parents and communities. As a result, education in Cameroon faces numerous challenges, such as:
- A lack of school supports and ongoing use of old structures
- Insufficient and unequipped classrooms
- Insufficient trained teachers
- Lack of water and poor sanitation in schools
- Children are unable to complete the academic year or advance due to lack of fees
These challenges result in a bad performance, high drop-out rates, and unsafe learning environments.”
CamAid organization needs your support, to help break the cycle of poverty, which proper education is a start. We need your help.
School starts is approaching this coming fall of 2022, here is what we need for children and young adults, in Cameroon, Africa:
- Annual school fees, no students are allowed to start school without paying their fees.
- School books, pens, pencils, calculators, rulers, etc.
- Clothes, what a way to start a new school year, with brand new clothes to help build confidence and inclusion, and
- College tuition.